This is a follow up to my post the other day about Tips to Find the Best Real Estate Agent. I loved this Century 21 video and had to share it! Don’t settle for just any real estate agent! The Indy Real Estate Experts go above and beyond with each one of our clients. In fact, we’re constantly looking for ways to do things even better! Contact us at www.IndyREExperts.com or by call/text/email: 317.246.9966/Lisa@IndyREExperts.com.
Not all real estate brokers are created equally…some pertinent qualities to be an effective and efficient resource for clients include:
- Creative problem solving skills (opposed to creative problem starting skills)
- Superb communication skills (opposed to a full voicemail box or an email box with thousands of unread/unanswered email messages)
- Above average marketing abilities (there are far too many marketing resources available for real estate agents not to use at least one of them!)
- Knowledgeable about the real estate market, in general…do’s and don’ts, industry etiquette and requirements, etc
- A keen eye for detail…this can make or break the acceptance of an offer for the buyer who has found “the one”
- A learning-based attitude…this industry and its requirements are constantly changing. It is crucial to stay on top of every nuance of the real estate transaction in order to serve each client fully
- Discipline, open mindedness, and flexibility….I wrap these three characteristics up into one for a few reasons…I wanted to end on 7 because it seemed like the right number, yet all three of these characteristics are important. As independent contractors, there is no time clock to punch, no 30 minute lunch break and (in some cases) no manager to report to. We are left to our own devices, in many ways. If a real estate agent lacks the business acumen required to run their own small company, it will show in nearly every aspect of the real estate transaction. Think about it this way: real estate agents are responsible for the largest asset in most people’s lives-their home. I’ve seen people put more thought into what they will wear to go out with their friends than which real estate agent they choose to handle the buying or selling of their home.
I should explain the difference between a real estate agent and a real estate agent who can legally call themselves a REALTOR®…
A REALTOR® is a professional who is a member of the Board of REALTORS®, which is the professional board for the real estate industry. The board advocates for the real estate industry, community development, and for REALTORS®. The board also polices the industry through a grievance process and professional standard hearings. Industry professionals as well as consumers are able to file a grievance. In fact, if you or someone you know feels wrongly treated by a real estate agent, click here to learn more about the grievance process.
There are too many details that, if left unattended by a less-than-professional real estate agent, could cost the consumer thousands of dollars, time, distress, and even kill a real estate transaction all together. Higher a true real estate professional who’s full time career is helping their clients buy and sell real estate. Admittedly, part of this decision will require a gut check, which is no different than most other big decisions.
Without going into a sales pitch, it will become obvious through blog posts, newspaper and magazine articles, and speaking engagements that this is my full time career and something my team and I are exceptionally passionate about. If there is something real estate related that my team and I can help you or someone you know with, please contact us using the contact form on this website or call/text/email me directly: 317.246.9966/Lisa@IndyREExperts.com.
Here’s to a successful real estate buying and selling experience for you and your loved ones!
Downsizing from start to finish is how we best help Indianapolis area senior citizens. We like to use this handy graphic to explain it best:
To schedule your FREE Downsizing Consultation, simply complete the “contact me” form on this page or call/text/email 317.246.9966/Lisa@IndyREExperts.com.
Change agents unite! I couldn’t be happier with the new relentless brand marketing our company, Century 21, has rolled out recently. Now, more than ever, it is important to hire professionals who know the real estate industry, can succinctly navigate this new way of buying and selling real estate, and help their buyers and sellers successfully achieve their real estate goals. The days of seeing a property online, scheduling a showing, viewing the property, then writing a Purchase Agreement and sending it to the list agent are over. The days of discount brokerage firms are coming to an end, too. Just like anything, you get what you pay for when you hire a real estate professional to list your property or to find you a new home to buy.
In the ever-changing, volatile world of real estate, it pays huge dividends to hire an experienced real estate professional-one who understands the market, who knows the industry Code of Ethics, has a good relationship with other industry professionals, and who is supported by a company that continuously educates and holds their agents and support teams accountable.
Knowing how to navigate the ins and outs of a real estate transaction is imperative. Its so much more than just putting a sign in the yard, putting the property on the multiple listing service, and praying someone will sell it. Interpersonal communication is key, too. So is strategy and having a proactive mindset to get each deal done-from start to finish.
I love this Century 21 video, and am proud to be a part of a company who regards professionalism as the standard in the real estate industry.
If you’re like me, you love stats…especially Indiana real estate stats! Each month, our local real estate board puts out statistics and many folks have enjoyed watching the Indianapolis real estate market this way. Below is the April 2018 Indianapolis area real estate statistics. Please keep in mind that these numbers are averages of our entire MIBOR service area. If you are interested in in learning more about your specific property or area of town, call/text/email me right away! My direct cell phone number is 317.246.9966 and email is Lisa@IndyREExperts.com.